I found this adorable stationary at Michaels. It was only about $5.00 for a pack of 50 sheets of paper. It couldn't be more perfect to fit the theme of the party. I tried to find a link on their website so you could easily purchase it yourself, but it wasn't listed. I just bought the paper a week ago, so I'm sure you can find it in your nearest Michaels store.
We also stapled a pretty labeled envelope to the invitation. Parents need to fill out their child's name on the front and use the envelope to send the tea party fee to school (only $3.00 to defray some of the expenses). Of course the envelopes were pretty and pink since this is for such a special event.
In the past, I would frequently find myself accepting $5 bills at dismissal from parents that forgot to send cash to school for an event. Of course it wasn't in an envelope and 20 minutes later I would discover the cash in my pocket and struggle to recall who gave it to me. This year I decided to send pre-labelled envelopes home for EVERYTHING that has a fee (bagel day, field trips, etc.) It has been invaluable!
Some general guidelines and details about our party:
- Children arrive at school dressed in "Sunday Best"
- Moms dress in "Mother's Day Best"and arrive a few hours later
- Moms are encouraged to bring a favorite tea cup to the party (we also have some extra mugs on hand)
- Tea party begins at 10am and is finished by 11am
- Children have the rest of the afternoon off to spend time with Mom
- Childcare arrangements are required for younger siblings
We will be working to create more special projects for the Moms in the coming weeks. I will keep you posted on our progress!